Right to Information Act
This website provides information about Right to Information in Queensland.
The Right to Information Act 2009 (the RTI Act):
- gives you a right to apply for access to documents held by government agencies and Ministers
- requires each government agency to publish a publication scheme on its website which may include an online disclosure log of documents that have been released in response to Right to Information applications
- establishes the Information Commissioner and Right to Information Commissioner to oversee Right to Information in Queensland
The RTI Act applies to:
- Queensland Government departments
- Ministers and Parliamentary Secretaries
- local governments
- public authorities
- certain government-owned corporations
From 1 July 2009, the Right to Information Act 2009 replaced the Freedom of Information Act 1992 and is part of a broader “push” model of greater proactive and routine release of information.