Accessing Government information
Queensland Government agencies release information administratively and proactively wherever possible. Access to information under the Right to Information Act 2009 is intended to be a last resort.
Before submitting an RTI application, consider whether you can obtain the information through:
- the relevant agency's Administrative Access Scheme
- the relevant agency’s website, including its publication scheme
- a search of the Queensland Government gateway
- the relevant agency’s disclosure log (MS Word Document, 95.5 KB)
- the Queensland Government Information Service, for geographic data about the physical, environmental, economic and social characteristics of Queensland
If you cannot find the information you are looking for, it is worth contacting the RTI officer to ask if you can access it without making an RTI application. See the list of Queensland Government agency RTI contacts.